You have entered a "wine geek speak"-free zone :)
There's a reason we're called "Portland's Weirdest Wine Shop & Bar". Several reasons, actually. In addition to our requisite (dare we say exquisite) wine-with-food parings, we also pair wines to:
- TV & Movie Characters (for example: Harry Potter with the bold, easy-to-like Les Doyes Cairanne from L'Oratorie St. Martin)
- Dog Breeds
- Songs (for example: Prince's "When Doves Cry" with Close Canarelli Corse Figari Rose...or Merle Haggard's "I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink" with Five Star Merlot)
- Astrological Signs
- Your Family, Friends & Co-Workers
- Whatever Mood You're In!!!
Put simply: We make wine fun and approachable.
At the same time, we're serious about the wines we offer.
Our criteria for 80% of our inventory is that the grapes are organically-farmed, minimally-filtered, and fermented with their natural yeast so the wines carry more of the distinctive terroir of their regions (okay, that was a little wine geek speak). In other words, wines that are made to be paired.
Two other things you should know about us:
1. As part of our "vital choices for palate and planet", we are donating a portion of our sales each month to a different non-profit that focuses on climate change remediation and reversal.
2. We have a section for the budget-conscious called "Stuff too good for the price" and another section of those few bottles that don't meet our certificate of sustainability called "Shit too good not to carry".
We invite you to come in and explore!