PAIRINGS BASICS I
You'll discover how foods and flavors can alter your experience of a wine.
* You will get to know a single wine and form a strong like/dislike opinion about it.
* Once that opinion is solidified, we're gonna mix things up by exposing that wine to a series of ingredients individually, and tasting how each ingredient/element affects the wine.
* 6 ingredients/elements will be explored.
* A common takeaway from the class is seeing wine as an ingredient that is meant to be part of a dish/meal.
To sign-up COPY THE FOLLOWING E-MAIL ADDRESS and SEND A MESSAGE TO: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-531-7653 with the number of spots you'd like to reserve.
Upcoming Class Dates:
• Sunday August 13, 3-5 pm
• Sunday September 10, 3-5 pm
• Sunday October 8, 3-5 pm
• Sunday November 12, 3-5 pm
$40 per person and RSVP required.
24 seats available per class.
Custom classes available on-site and off-site.
To reserve and for more details call 541-531-7653.
PAIRINGS BASICS II
What's the scoop?!
We'll be taking all the concepts introduced in Pairings Basics Level 1 and bringing them back with individual wines paired to the individual dishes.
7 dishes (several bites of each) will be presented, covering the food components of fat, acid, salt, earth, fruit, spice & smoke.
This class is structured to reinforce the concepts of Pairings Basics Level 1.
You can do Pairings 1 and Pairings 2 in any order. Pairings 1 empowers you in how to pair. Pairings 2 is an experience of a diversity of pairings.
$50 per person. $40 for wine club members
RSVP and pre-payment required. Call 541-531-7653 to sign up.
UPCOMING CLASS DATES:
• Wednesday May 3, 6:30-9 pm
PAIRINGS NIGHT OUT
THE MENU & THE WINE LIST SERIES
Join us in small groups (8 people) for a tasty educational experience in pairing wine and food at restaurants throughout Portland.
Each gathering includes several pairing experiences. First, is watching a chosen wine change in the face of three small bites. Next, we each choose an entree and discuss which red and white best suits the groups choices. Lastly we pair dessert.
$100 per person plus tip (can vary based on venue).