This Saturday we're celebrating Ugly Sweaters, Christmas & a bit of Jeff's NY Jewish heritage! As often happens, ramblings at the wine shop led to our being challenged to pair wines to 5 sayings occasionally heard by those of us who had/have a Jewish mother. Oy :)
Wines will be offered by the glass and in a tasting flight of the 5 wines (for $15) that we're pairing for this event. A wine will be paired to each of the following lines:
1. “What, you don’t want more leftovers? You don’t love me any more?”
2. “If it’s not one thing, it’s your mother.”
3. “Why has it been SO LONG since you’ve been to synagogue?”
4. “I’m getting verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves.”
5. You mother gives you a red and a green sweater. You try on the green one. She says “What, you didn’t like the red sweater?”
There'll be live jazz from 8-10 with Melissa Carroll & Corey Heppner.
Attendance includes your being included in an ugly sweater to raffle off!